So this is my first post on my first blog ever. It's kind of different because I've never done anything like this before. I almost consider this like writing a journal, and I never did anything like that.
so let me start off by introducing myself. I'm currently 24 years old and I currently reside in the city of Mobile, AL. I am currently in school working on my doctorate in Audiology (Ear doctor for those who don't know what that is.) I find the current city I'm in interesting. It's like living in a city but with the small town attidude. The small town attitude means that people can here can be clicky at times. Therefore, it can be hard for people who are not from here to make friends because Mobile is a place really have to know someone to create a nitch (probably not spelled right, but I'm too lazy to spell check)
A great example of this clickyness is the Mardi Gras balls that occur here every year. In order to get into them you really have to know someone. Luckly though, I know someone that I swear knows half of Mobile, and I got a ticket.
Saying all of this though, I've grown accostumed to this little city and I have developed an appreciating for the culture here. One of my favorite things to do is to drive downtown along Government St. and look at all of the trees that that hang over the road. I can't remeber the names of them right now, but I feel like I'm in "Forrest Gump" or a Mark Twain novel everytime I see them.
And I've come to like a lot of the people that I've met down here as well. I've come to know a wide range of people, (ranging from a lady named Ms. Cracky who sings karaoke to...hell my next neighbors in my apartment complex).
Well I know this a sudden end to my first post, but I got other stuff to do. I'll write again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment